Thursday 12 June 2008

Nice Strong Arm - Reality Bath


I tripped over a couple of tracks from this album on Vinyl Mine and liked it a lot, so I tracked down my own copy.

A punk/indie band from Dallas, I really only know what I can find on the internet, and in my infinitely small grasp of this era in music I can't really compare them in context. Out of context then? They're a lot like Refused in places, a later hardcore punk band I happen to love. I would also compare some songs to guitar-heavy indie like Interpol, maybe Joy Division in places (not for the better). Reality Bath was the band's debut, released on Homestead Records circa 1987. What I have found with Nice Strong Arm is a record of honest late-80s indie rock, and purchase on that steep ledge of music-that-happened-before-I-was-born.

No comments: